Self-evaluation on the ALLATONCENESS project

The allatonceness project is just about my favorite among the things I've done in my 5 years of undergrad journey.

 

Huge thanks to Professor Shimon for letting us just go out there and be ourselves. I truly love this class and I enjoyed every minute of it.

 

I can't say enough about how fortunate I am to have an amazing project partner: it's the relentless attention to details; it's the 120% dedication; it's the insane amount of effort to communicate, to get the ideas across; it's the principles that we hold onto tightly...

 

I'm grateful.

 

 

late night writing

overview of the song

vocal gain automation

shooting second half of the music video

shooting first half of the music video

shooting first half of the music video

the socks I wore when recording the sound of Jin walking


 

Things I think we excelled at:


Time Management / Scheduling

Despite running into things like:

- me being sick for a week

- laptop stopped working and had to spend days to get my software environment back together

we still managed to pull off something I would call a decent "first draft" just in time. I think that's a sign of good time management / scheduling, and we for sure learned a lesson about crisis management XD

Communication 

with our way of "building" a song together, I feel like the effort to communicate from both of us is extremely essential -- it takes an equal amount of effort for Jin to try to get the ideas across in different ways, as it is for me to try to understand them and express them musically in a way that Jin "approves".

Effort / Putting In Hard Work

We absolutely have been giving it 120% since day 1 of working on the project.



Things I learned:

 

Crisis Management

Looking back, I feel like in this specific case where we did lost almost two weeks of time, the crisis management I could do was to adjust my expectation for what we can achieve by the time of presenting it to the class. By doing that, I feel like I'd be able to be more focused when working on the project, spending less time worrying about the time we lost.

The Process of Producing a Song and Making a Music Video

This is a first time for both of us, as neither of us have produced a song / made a music video before.

I learned a looooot, as we went from coming up with fundamental ideas, to determining the basic structure and instrumentation of the song, to arrange / orchestrating, to recording / mixing, to shooting / editing the video...

......

...


 

Comments

Popular Posts